HOW DOES LIFE INTERACT?
Our fifth unit for the year will focus on Ecological topics. We will discuss how organisms interact with each other, and with other species. Students will examine graphs, and data sets to determine if a population/community is healthy and surviving in their environment. We will conduct labs and activities to model the relationships organisms have with the biotic and abiotic portions of their habitats. As with many of our other units, this one is full of new vocabulary. Please stay on top of the words and study the handouts you are provided!!!! Ecology is a great topic, full of new and interesting data/problems for students to solve!!!
- I CAN IDENTIFY AND EVALUATE THE EVIDENCE FOR SYMBIOTIC RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN SPECIES
- I CAN EXPLAIN HOW THESE SYMBIOTIC RELATIONSHIPS CAN INCREASE FITNESS WITHIN A POPULATION
- I CAN IDENTIFY THE FACTORS THAT AFFECT CARRYING CAPACITY OF AN ECOSYSTEM
- I CAN CONSTRUCT A GRAPH THAT REPRESENTS CARRYING CAPACITY
- I CAN INTERPRET A GRAPH/DATA TO DETERMINE RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN POPULATIONS
- I CAN ILLUSTRATE THE FLOW OF MATTER AND ENERGY USING A FOOD CHAIN/WEB AND AN ECOLOGICAL PYRAMID
- I CAN DEVELOP A MODEL TO EXPLAIN HOW CARBON CYCLES BETWEEN THE HYDROSPHERE, BIOSPHERE, GEOSPHERE AN ATMOSPHERE