HOW IS LIFE MAINTAINED?
Our second unit of the year, focuses on the process that living things go through to stay alive. We will investigate the interactions all living things have with their environments and with each other. Our focus will be on the relationship of the processes in direct relation to the Carbon Cycle. The reactions of Photosynthesis in Plants produce specific components that are needed for Cellular Respiration reactions in animals. All of the cycles are related - and that's what makes the world go round! HAHA! MAKE SURE YOU STAY ON TOP OF VOCAB FOR THIS UNIT!
Quiz Dates for Unit 2
Unit 2 Assessment 11/13 & 11/14
- I CAN DEFINE CARBON CYCLE
- I CAN IDENTIFY KEY PROCESSES IN THE CYCLING OF CARBON
- I CAN DEVELOP A MODEL OF PHOTOSYNTHESIS
- I CAN DISTINGUISH BETWEEN LIGHT DEPENDENT AND LIGHT INDEPENDENT REACTIONS
- I CAN EXPLAIN HOW PHOTOSYNTHESIS CHANGED THE ATMOSPHERE OF EARTH.
- I CAN DEVELOP A MODEL OF CELLULAR RESPIRATION
- I CAN DISTINGUISH BETWEEN ANAEROBIC AND AEROBIC REACTIONS
- I CAN EXPLAIN THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN PHOTOSYNTHESIS AND CELLULAR RESPIRATION