This page will hold review and study materials for Units in the 1st Semester of the School Year. Check
back often to make sure you are keeping up with your vocabulary and essential concepts. If there is
something you are confused about or cannot find notes on, please COME ASK!!!!!!
SCIENTIFIC METHOD QUIZ
Key concepts that should be added to LightBulb pages of notebook for our upcoming quiz, Friday 9/1 include
1. qualitative vs quantitative data
2. Understand the term 'scientific theory'
3. Know the Steps of the Scientific Method
4. Definitions of Experimental terms
6. Difference between a hypothesis and a theory
7. Know basic safety rules of the lab classroom
CHARACTERISTICS OF LIFE QUIZ
1. identify key components that categorize something as living, non-living, or dead
2. definitions of biotic/abiotic factors
3. know the 7 characteristics!!!!
1. What are the 4 types
2. Know the 'building blocks' of each type
3. What are the 'living elements' we study in Biology
4. Importance of Enzymes
5. What happens to enzymes if we heat up them up to much?
6. What are the functions of each type of biomolecule?
CELL CYCLE (31-36)
1. What is the cell cycle?
2. What are the parts of the Cell Cycle?
4. What happens if the cell cycle goes wrong?
6. What do parent cells and daughter cells have in common?
PROTEIN SYNTHESIS (37-44)
1. What is the central dogma?
2. Know what gene regulation/gene expression is?
3. What is Translation?
6. Why are only pieces of our DNA coded for in cells?
RUNNING ACADEMIC VOCABULARY
use this section to help with our vocab words that we use throughout the year!